A couple of years back, I set out on a quest. A quest to make money blogging and make hundreds of thousands of dollars every single month; enough to retire from my job and live the life of my dreams. But alas, that didn’t happen after my first blog post.
C’mon man! What? People didn’t just rush to my blog after the first post. They didn’t even come and give me their money after my 9th, 10th, 11th, and so on…
What the heck?
Did I have my hopes too high? You bet I did. No one is going to be the next Tymothy Sykes or Cute Girls Hairstyles guru overnight.
This career field is relatively new with the advent of the Internet (and No, I will not give Al Gore props on his claimed invention). Thousands of people have jumped on the so called band wagon. According to DazInfo.com, a technology blog, there were over 111 million bloggers online by the end of 2011 (Old data, for sure, but I didn’t want to waste time from writing this article to do more research, so I will stick with the outdated data).
You see my point here. I’m not even going to try and speculate how many bloggers are out there in 2013. You get it – too many to count. Nonetheless, there are thousands of bloggers that are making a nice living online.
So what do these bloggers do to make money? The answers are pretty simple. So simple, in fact, that you’ll say to yourself, “Darn-it, self, why didn’t I think of that?”
Admit it, we all do this when an invention is put out into the market place that we thought of years ago, or one that is so effortless we should have thought of it, like the Tricycle Lawnmower (that would be the best gift ever).
But I digress, I better get back to my countdown of the Top 10 Ways to Make Money Blogging, before my mind-numbing introduction puts you to sleep.
10 Ways to Make Money Blogging Countdown
Here we go…
The Number 10 Way to Make Money Blogging- Dress Like Your Favorite Superhero and Act Like a Moron in Front of the Camera
There are a lot of creative individuals on the web that are dressing up like their favorite super hero and then throwing away any self-dignity they act to act silly in front of the camera.
- Some of these individuals have over 1,000,000 views on YouTube, enough said.
- If your not comfortable running around your house in your PJ’s and totally acting like and overgrown ADHD child who had 100 Pixie Stix’s for lunch, then I don’t suggest you use this strategy.
- Don’t get me wrong, I think some of these videos are hilarious. And they are probably making a nice passive income each month from YouTube. It’s just not my style. But if it’s yours, go for it.
The Number 9 Method to Make Money Blogging – Placing Ads on Your Blog with Google AdSense
Google AdSense is a program in which you can place ads on your blog through Google. You get paid when visitors click on an ad on your site.
- You make a little bit of money.
- You make a little bit of money.
- Google AdSense is a nice way to earn pocket change, but you will never earn a full-time income off of AdSense if this is the only way to generate income on your site.
- Moreover, AdSense ads on your site takes the traffic that you worked so hard to attract and points them to another seller.
The Number 8 Practice to Make Money Blogging – Become an Associate of Amazon and Sell Their Products
This program works much like AdSense, only you are selling products for Amazon. I use this program to promote my books and others that I feel will be of use to my visitors. But again, there are some pitfalls with just depending upon Amazon’s Associates Program.
- You can create your own Amazon store on your website and sell every single one of Amazon’s products.
- You get paid monthly.
- You only earn 4% commissions on the purchase price.
- Consequently, you will need to sell an unheard of amount of Amazon products from your site.
- Also, visitors, once again, are taken from your website.
- Isn’t the point of having a blog to keep your visitors there?
The Number 7 Strategy to Make Money Blogging – Sell Your Own Ad Space
A creative way to make money blogging is to sell your own advertising space on your website. I’ve seen this done on many blogs with success. Just remember that the ad space you sell should be related to the niche your blog falls into. I wouldn’t recommend selling ad space to a candle collector blogger if your blog is about new and upcoming technology.
- Selling ad space on your blog can generate a nice monthly income.
- You can also build your search engine rankings by stipulating that the bloggers who buy ad space on your blog link back to your blog somehow.
- If you are a brand new blogger, I wouldn’t advise that you try to sell ad space. If you’re only getting 50 to 500 visitors per day, bloggers won’t be enticed to buy space from you because you aren’t getting enough traffic to your website. I suggest that you start considering to sell advertising space on your blog when it is averaging around 1,000 visitors per day. That way potential customers will be motivated to buy from you because the return on their investment is worth the risk.
The Number 6 Way to Make Money Blogging – Write Reviews for Money
This is a pretty straight forward way to make money blogging. It is also an excellent way to create content, which is a must for all bloggers… Content. Content. Content. You will have to do your research, however, to find companies that will pay you to write reviews, such as PayPerPost and ReviewMe.
- Like I stated before, reviewing products is a great way to generate content ideas for your blog.
- Customers, when faced with purchasing decisions, are using the internet to find reviews on the products they are looking to buy.
- Some companies even pay you a nice fee for a product review.
- Some of the companies that pay bloggers for reviews have stringent requirements. You will need to do your research to find out which ones will best meet your needs and skill-set.
- Also, they don’t pay very much per post. I have seen, however, some that will offer up to $200 per post, but they will limit you to how many you can write each month.
The Number 5 Strategy to Make Money Blogging – Ask for Donations
Now, I don’t personally ask for donations on my blogs, but I have seen it on others. I usually see donation buttons on personal blogs where the blogger isn’t trying to sell their visitors products. This is perfectly suitable for these kinds of blogs. But, in my opinion, if you are trying to sell products on your blog and you are still asking for donations, you look a little needy. Moreover, this tells your visitors that no one is buying from you because you’re asking for money.
- Free Money. That’s about all I can think of.
- Not very many people donate to blogs unless their is a cause attached to it. For example, if your blog is about helping find a cure for child’s cancer, then – by all means – slap a donation button on your blog. If that doesn’t fall into your blog niche, don’t do it.
The Number 4 Method to Make Money Blogging – Sell Other Peoples’ Products as an Affiliate
I have already mentioned one way to become an affiliate in number 8. To make money blogging as an affiliate, you essentially sign up to sell another company’s products for a commission. In fact, most of the major retailers now offer affiliate services to help them sell their products.
- You don’t need to create your own products, which save a lot of time.
- You can earn a steady income each month.
- To make money blogging just as an affiliate, you will need to sell a lot of products just to produce the kind of income you want. For instance, you only earn 4% with Amazon.
- I have seen other companies on the web, however, that do offer up to 25%, even up to 75% in commissions. There is only one company that I know of on the internet that offers 100% commissions on sales from their products.
The Number 3 Strategy to Make Money Blogging – Offer a Membership to Your Website with a Monthly Fee to Access Exclusive Content
Many writers are now offering memberships to exclusive content on their blogs in order to make money blogging. These memberships range anywhere from a small monthly fee to a large one time fee. For example, ESPN offers a monthly access fee to their premium content on ESPN Insider.
- You can charge as much as you like for access to your exclusive content, just be sure it is reasonable.
- This will also create a nice monthly income for your blog.
- In order to offer memberships to your site, you will need to write or create content that is somehow different from your free content on your blog.
- This premium content must also offer some kind of value that your visitor cannot find anywhere else for free. In addition, I suggest that you only offer memberships for exclusive content when you are receiving an average of 1,000 visitors per day.
The Number 2 Method to Make Money Blogging – Create and Sell Your Own Products
Now, I would normally put this way to make money blogging at number 1 because it is by far the best way to make money from your blog. Plus, your own products also give you authority in your own niche and make you look like an expert.
- Visitors see you as an expert in your niche.
- Allows for full creativity of what you want to sell.
- You control the price of your products.
- Creating your own products takes a tremendous amount of time; time that should be spent attracting a following for your blog.
- Overhead and cost, if you are mailing products.
The Number 1 Way to Make Money Blogging – Find a Company that Will Give You the Resell Rights to All of Their Products at 100% Commissions.
While the above 9 ways to make money blogging are all effective in their own way, the number 1 way I have found to make money blogging on the internet is to find a proven company that has already created the products and gives you the resell rights at 100% commissions.
This may sound too good to be true. But there is one company out there that practices this.
- Not doing anything will earn you $0
All in all, all of these are good ways to make money blogging. In fact, you can employ every single one of them as multiple streams of income. The point is to be diligent, persevere, and be creative. It will take a lot of blog posts to drive traffic to your blog and gain a loyal readership. It won’t happen after just 10, so keep going and good luck to you.
Until Next Time – Keep Blogging and Making Money,
Source by Shaun F Messick