I frequently hear the following question from those I am teaching to work from home online here in the far north where I live. “Mokie, there are millions of websites on the internet. What do they all have in common?”
Unfortunately, the simple answer is “failure” as 98% of websites online won’t be there a year from now.
How can this be?
It is because most online business owners don’t understand what the internet is all about. The failures obviously do not understand or use the simple CTPM process:
- Having lots of high quality, relevant Content on their site.
- This generates free (organic) Traffic from the search engines.
- These visitors have then to be Presold on the idea that you are an expert in this particular field.
- Which leads to the Monetization of your site.
Really? Yes, really.
How to start an online business is a huge subject, but happily it is one that carries many rewards for those who are determined to keep learning and trying till they succeed, until they have mastered the CTPM process.
In this article, I will give a brief overview of the whole process. At the bottom of this article, you will find a link to a free PDF checklist I have created to further your knowledge of this magnificently rewarding part of our world.
I’m sure you’ve done searches on the internet that led to a site that fills up your monitor’s screen with no information except their latest sales spiels.
You might be searching for information on natural cures for a hangnail and the site you are visiting offers no information, but floods your screen with more sales ads than the weekly flyer from the local food market.
What was your response? Certainly, you smashed the return button and went to the next listing on the search engine response page.
Actually, you might have to search for a while to find such a site anymore. The search engines have many ways of determining how good a site is at matching its content to the search term it claims to represent.
Websites don’t make it to the first page of the search engine response page by a fluke or the luck of the draw. It’s all about high quality, highly relevant information relating to the search term.
The internet is all about information. The job of the search engines is to match your search term with the site that offers the best possible answer to your information request. The same applies whether you want to know the best way to create a ceramic doll to how to change the oil in a big bulldozer in the Arctic.
The process is identical. A request for information is matched up with the best possible information that was sought.
Quality, relevant content on a website is rewarded with free organic traffic by the search engines. Your job as the site creator is to
- Convince your visitors that you know what you are talking about via your Content.
- That the products and services you recommend will be the best solution to the term they searched for as per the Traffic you were sent.
- Your content must Presell your visitors on the idea that your recommendations are their best bet.
- The products and services that you recommend will Monetize your site.
There you have it. The CTPM process that is the foundation of every successful website.
Source by Mokie T. Cairn